Thursday 12 February 2015

Work Diary- Shoot 4

In this third shoot, as I implied before, I have investigated into the theme of pollution by taking pictures of litter and rubbish which I found around the campus. I also interlinked this theme with damage with the litter itself, damaging objects such as cans. I also took pictures of the same litter but in a variety of locations moving them and placing them elsewhere. Along the way I also grasped other images that show evidence but in different ways, perhaps showing the presence of something such as a human of a car by focussing on the tracks they make.

This photograph is very successful however it doesn't really link with my chosen paths and themes so far. Despite this it demonstrates evidence of a car due to the recognition of the tire tracks through the sharp thin lines in the mud. These tracks illustrate that the car has moved and gone on a journey.

On the other hand this photograph is very successful as it relates to my topics and themes very well. It combines my themes of litter and damage very well with each other. The litter of a Pepsi can is placed in the centre of the composition surrounded by a bland scene, therefore making the can stand out due to its colour. It also stands out as the background is blurred in contrast with the foreground, where the can is positioned. The can is not in its original condition and it is visible that it has been damaged through its deformed shape.

Progression
In my next shoot I would like to experiment with the topic of damage more. I could do this by taking photos of an object in its original condition then take pictures of it after it has been broken. I perfect example of this would be with a glass where I could either combine the before and after photographs or even create a multiple imagery illustrating the broken glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment