Monday 9 February 2015

Shoot 2 - Work Diary

In my second shoot I decided to go on a walk which mainly focussed on damage which featured in my first shoot. However, by going a walk through a forest I was able to experiment with the topic and try out different approaches in relation to light, nature and human existence. I find the theme of damage very intriguing as I can also involve other themes within it such as weathering, pollution and injury. This therefore provides me with various aspects i can explore with one theme. However I will still be open minded on any other themes as it is only early stages of the project and a new more interesting theme with more depth could spring upon me.

This is one of my photographs from the shoot which I feel is very successful as it relates extremley well to damage and also the sub theme of pollution. Cigarettes cause damage to the human body which damage internal organs such as the lungs, and also this piece could also be associated with injuring. Pollution is also visible through this photograph as this low level close up shot displays the masses of cigarettes which are dumped and thrown onto the floor and littering the surroundings. Colour and depth are both visible elements in this piece as the Orange and White colour signifies the cigarettes. Depth is also shown through the objects getting smaller as they get further away but also due to the fact the the background is blurred, implying distance.

This is a Photogrpah which I feel isn't successful for several reasons. Firstly it is taken in straight direction facing the sun which is a poor approach as I previously set out to explore shadows in relation to evidence of light. Also this didn't produce the desired effect in which I intended. I attempted to blur the image in order to created bold circles of light which stand out from the rest, similar to michael Kennas technique. However, I don't feel that this reaches my original expectations. 

Progression 
In my next shoot I feel that I could experiment with the topic of pollution, taking pictures of rubbish and litter an even smoke emitted from buildings and cars which pollute the environment, also linking to the theme of damage. Dependent on the weather, I could continue to explore the evidences of the different forms of weather and weatheing.

No comments:

Post a Comment