Sunday 22 February 2015

Discussion

Initially, when given the starting points of the new project I was firstly leaning towards the topic of Weather and at first I thought that Evidence was the worst starting point to chose. This is because I thought that Evidence was particularly narrow, only creating opportunities to explore to experiment with crime, guns, knives, blood etc. However, I eventually realised that Evidence wasn't as narrow as I first believed and discovered that it was extremely broad, in fact the broadest of all topics. By creating a mindmap I realised almost everything can indicate evidence in some way. All actions have a cause and therefore everything is Evidence of an action or previous events. Below is the mindmap of my initial reaction and response in relation to the ways in which I can explore the starting point. Creating potential routes and pathways for my experimentation and development.
As I now know the topic of Evidence is considerably broad, I have begun to confine my ideas towards specific topics and themes. I have decided to begin experimenting with the topics of the weather, weathering and damage which can all interlink with each other. I have to show the results and aftermath of what the topics of weathering and damage cause, for example I could take a picture of rust. This therefore will convey Evidence of weathering as the rust acts as a result of weathering and therefore indicates it.

I have now identified that I can indicate evidence in terms of showing results of something else or something that is caused by other things. I can also show Evidence by demonstrating something happening such as raining, by taking pictures of puddles and rain falling from the sky I can allow myself to illustrate that it is raining and that the puddles and raindrops and Evidence of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment