Monday 23 February 2015

Shoot 5 - Work Diary

In this shoot I decided to continue my theme of damage through weathering and even looked at vandalism. I feel that I am successfully showing evidence of damage by exploring a variety of different themes which contribute/ cause damage. I have started to look at how objects get vandalised by people through damage such as graffiti. Also in this shoot I carried on my consistent theme of weathering by looking at rust on objects which is gradually caused by weather and the rust on objects symbolises this. 

This is a photograph of a bundle of metal pipes which I found on the college campus. I feel that these are very successful in showing damage due to the recognition  of rust on them and their deteriorate shape. Lines are very visible in this piece as there are many pipes which take up the whole composition, forming many random lines in different directions. The background of the image is also blurred which enhances the attention to the foreground, showing the details of the rust and alters shapes of the pipes. This photograph has a black and white effect used on it and creates a very gritty and dirty atmosphere. Perhaps, to improve this piece I could try and re-edit the photograph in colour to make the presence of rust more clear.

This is a photograph of paint which is splattered on a brick wall, showing evidence of vandalism. Once again I have used a black and white effect on a photo but this time I have used it to show contrast between the paint and brick wall and therefore enhance the shape of the paint. The splatter of paint is near the centre of the composition, acting as a focal point. Many smaller splatters are formed my many thin short lines directing away from the central area of the paint. Drips are also shown through longer downward lines.

Progression
In my next shoot I would like to continue my running theme of damage and perhaps I could create a multiple imagery piece of an object showing before and after it is broken. Here I could include one main image of the object in the centre of the piece before it is broken. Then I could surround it with other close ups of the damaged areas.




No comments:

Post a Comment