Sunday 8 February 2015

Shoot 1 Work Diary - Weather and Weathering / Damage

This was the first shoot of the new project with the provided topics. I decided to explore the topic of evidence as I felt that there were many ways I could explore and experiment with it. After making my mind map, my initial reaction to explore the topic was to investigate evidence of weather, weathering and damage. 'Evidence' itself is a considerably vast topic but I feel that this starting point is very interesting and could provide a future direction for my project and could initiate the narrowing of the topic, making it more specific. 

This is a piece of photography from my first shoot of the new project  which I deem to be very successful. I feel that it demonstrates evidence of weather, specifically rain, due to the various water droplets visible on the moss which can imply that it had been raining. These water droplets are highlighted through the formal element colour and shape. The droplets are very light in contrast with the colourful green composition and are enhanced by the darker colours in the image. Also as the focal point in this photograph is the foreground, the background is blurred and therefore the shape and size of the droplets are exaggerated, forming larger light circles which contrast with the smaller droplets in the foreground.

This is another photograph in the first shoot that I feel is relatively successful. This portrays  the evidence of weathering and damage on bricks/stone. The contrast of the dark and light areas enhance the shadows and demonstrate how the brick has been damaged/eroded. The shape of the segment on the floor matches the shape in the whole in the brick, which is demonstrated by dark shadows, and implies that it has broken off of it, showing damage. The debris visible on the floor and underneath the brick implies weathering.

Progression
In future shoots I believe I should continue with the themes of weather, weathering and damage as I feel that I can express them in many ways. I would like to show evidence of different types of weather other than rain. Also I would like to explore damage in regards to the human body. I would like to experiment in making the body look damaged by using make up in order to create bruises/cuts/grazes ect. 






No comments:

Post a Comment