Thursday 26 March 2015

Shoot 9 Work Diary

In this shoot I focussed my work on water speakers, in a dark setting, in attempt to capture good quality photographs of the water in motion by increasing the shutter speed. This was very interesting as, by catching the water in mid-action, very interesting shapes where formed by the water. I thought this would be another unique way of exploring my theme of before and after by taking several photographs at the different stages of the waters movement, capturing the water in different shapes and heights. Once I captured good quality photos of the water at different stages I combined the images together in order to show the progression of the water. Therefore illustrating the theme before and after.

In this photograph I combined four different photographs in order to display the different stages of the waters movement. Here I have developed Michael Kelly's approach as I have takes photographs of the same object at different moments in time.The shapes of the water are enhanced by the bold vibrant colours of the water in comparison with the dark background. There are darker and light shades of the separate colours which imply the form of the water. As the composition progresses to the right, the lines of water are shown to gradually get taller and taller. A pattern is also visible in this piece which is demonstrated by the order the colours are arranged in, created a colour sequence. 

For this piece of work I once again used a different approach to capturing the waters development. Here I cropped four different sections of water from four separate photographs showing the different stages of the waters movement. I then merged them together in order to create one new original piece. As the water segment progress to the right the water heightens, therefore once again showing he water at different stages. I have altered the order of the colours as before by placing the orange section on the left instead of the right. I feel that this has a similar approach to the work of Stephen Wilkes as I have taken pictures at different times and blended them together to create a new image. The effects of the micro-elements are the same as the image above.

Progression:
In my next shoot I will continue exploring the technique of taking several pictures of an object and then putting them together to create a new piece. In order to do this I will begin to try out the double exposure technique of taking two pictures and putting them together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment