Monday 16 March 2015

shoot 8 Work diary

In this shoot I have experimented with Michael Kelly's technique of taking two pictures of the the same object at two separate times. This therefore demonstrates my theme of before and after. When editing I cropped the opposing sides of both photographs and then put them together to create a new original piece of the same object. This was quite challenging as I had to take the photos in the exact same spot and at the exact same angle and zoom. Also I had to crop the images in the exact correct place to make the object look consistent and like the original. This was especially challenging when editing the photographs of trees.

For this piece of photography I intended to show a difference in time and convey different seasons. There is an evident contrast shown through the differing colours in the two halves of the composition. The left side's tree is seemingly bright and vibrant with bold colours and tones of green. This opposes the right side as the tree is much darker with only very dark tones of green seen. The extreme contrast within the right side itself shows the presence of snow and therefore convey the season of winter. Opposingly, the left sides colour scheme is rather warm with the colours seen and therefore illustrates the season of spring/summer.


In this piece of work I took a photograph of a car in two halves, the left side was taken later in the day at sunset whereas the right side was taken in the middle of the day. This is represented through the reflection of the car as the left side reflects orange/red/purple colours whereas the right side displays the sky as blue. However, when constructing this photograph it was difficult to position the two separate pictures correctly to make the image look consistent. This is because where the pictures were taken at different times I didn't take the picture in the exact same position and the top of the window doesn't line up between both images. When I realised this I decided to crop out the top of the composition to allow the image to look consistent and as similar the the original. In the future I need to ensure that I take the photographs in the exact same position/angle/zoom to allow me to keep consistency in my work and eliminate any issues.


Progression



No comments:

Post a Comment