Tuesday 14 April 2015

Shoot 10 work diary

In this shoot I began to explore the photography technique of double/multiple 
exposure. A multiple exposure is the superimposition of two or more exposures to create a single image, and double exposure has a corresponding meaning in 
respect of two images. I learnt this technique by following tutorials on Youtube. 
Once understanding how to actually create a multiple exposure piece I began 
taking portraits of family members and also photographs of trees/plants/flowers. 
After collecting all the images I needed to, I then edited them in Photoshop. Firstly I opened the photo of the subject and erased the background to white by using 
the rubber tool. I then put the picture of the trees over the top and applied the 
setting of 'lighten' to it which merged the two images together and therefore
 creating the double exposure. After that I altered the hue/saturation, curves and 
colour balance of the pieces and even applied black and white filters. I feel that 
this shoot was very successful as it showed a clear influence of my chosen artist of Christoffer Relander.
This is my favourite outcome from the shoot for several reasons. Firstly, the two 
images included can be easily identified. The trees are shown by many thin lines which generally travel upward towards the top of the composition where they end in different lengths but still provide and impression of the figures head.The 
different tones on the subjects face is also effective in indicating the positions of 
the facial features and also shows the form of he face through shadows and 
highlights. The pose and black and white filter used is also similar to Christoffer 
Relander's work, which therefore shows his influence.

This is another piece which I feel is relatively successful in showing the influence of Christoffer Relander. This time I made the main subject the trees and leaves 
with the figure blended and faded into it in the centre of the composition. Once 
again, lines are very significant in order to show the texture of the tree which is 
also enhanced through the dark and lighter tones. The fact that the figure is faded into the background implies a sense of depth as is appears as she is submerged in the tree. I also used a black and white effect in order show Relander's influence and to enhance the figures emotion to be sad and depressed which is also 
shown through facial expressions.

Progression
In my next shoot which will most likely be my exam I will attempt to create more 
successful double and also multiple exposures by using portraits from different 
angles and poses. Also I could take photographs of different parts of the body 
such as hands in order to apply variety to my work rather than constantly 
photographing faces. To continue this sense of variety I could also take 
photographs of buildings to merge with the figures.



No comments:

Post a Comment